07-11-2009 11:26 صباحًا
Private Sector and Social Development at Iraq.
التاريخ: Sunday, June 21
Private Sector and Social Development at Iraq, Social Field-Work Study is the subject of this thesis which its main hypothesis is:
The private sector can play an important role in social development if certain elements and suitable cir*****stances were available.
The aim of this research is to test this central hypothesis by testing several sub-hypotheses, which indicate the increase activity and importance of the private sector in social development, if the following conditions were present:
1) if the private sector stopped its unproductive expenses and lavishness
2) if the private sector encourages the scientific and technological researches
3) if public sector stopped his intervene in social development
4) if the boundaries between private and public sectors were clearer
5) if the private sector can concentrates on investments and capitals
6) if the society encourages private enterprises
7) if the society encourages self development and dependency on local resources
The results of this research agreed with six sub-hypotheses and disagree with the third sub-hypothesis. It was found that the activity of private sector in social development wills increases with the increase activity of public sector in that field.
The social survey was the main source to obtain the wanted data and information, and the sample was consists of 200 individuals working in private sector from different social, economic and educational levels.
The thesis was divided into two parts: the first part (The theoretical Study) which consists of four chapters, dealing with the subject of the research and its hypotheses (first chapter), the previous Iraqi, Arabic and foreign researches & studies (second chapter), the theoretical schools in studying the social development (third chapter) and lastly the history of private sector at Iraq, in three main periods:
- before 1958
- after 1968
The second part (Field-work Study) consists of four chapters also, dealing with the social educational background for the individuals within the sample (first chapter), main self-obstacles to private sector activity in social development (second chapter) such as
- its social economical & educational background
- its unproductive expenses and lavishness
- its unconcern with scientific researches
- its concentrates on gain with all legal and unlegal methods
The general obstacles to private sectors (third chapter) were discussed such as:
- the unclear boundaries between private and public sectors
- the unavailable data and information
- its lack of support from public sector
- the presence of a hostile and anti-education against the private sector
The fourth and last chapter deals with ways to support the private sector to take its role in social development.
The results were summarized and discussed, with abstracts in Arabic and English languages
07-11-2009 11:26 صباحًا